Click on the above link for this morning’s demonstration – Mediterranean Swordfish, Smoked Salmon and Tilapia en Papillote with julienne vegetables!
Key Lime Pie Cake
I’ve had several requests for this one….very refreshing, especially at this time of the year….hope you enjoy it!
1 box white cake mix
1¼ cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Key Lime Filling:
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
¾ cup whipping cream
½ cup Key lime juice or regular lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
4 drops yellow food color
1 drop green food color
½ cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3 tablespoons key lime juice
1 tablespoon instant lime flavored Jello
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom only of a 13×3-inch pan with baking spray. Lightly flour pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 27-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. With handle of wooden spoon, poke holes almost to bottom of cake every ½ inch, wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together filling ingredients (mixture will be thickened). Pour over cake; spread evenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes. (Some filling should remain on top of cake). Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread over cake. Garnish with lime zest, lime slices and fresh strawberries, if desired.