Lol…you know its going to be great with a title like that…..I really am not a baker, but this one is a gem. A little time consuming, but definitely worth it…taking the best cheesecake, the best cake, the best candy bar and mixing it all together with the best frosting….YUM!!!! If you are in need of a new recipe for a summertime outing…make this, sure you be a winner!
2 bars (2.05 oz. each) Snickers
1 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
4 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
1 package (4-serving size) vanilla pudding & pie filling (not instant)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 box Super Moist dark chocolate cake mix
1 8 oz. container sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 jar (12 oz.) caramel topping (you can also use chocolate or butterscotch)
1 package (4-serving size) chocolate pudding, instant
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 2 9 inch round cake pans with Mazola pan spray. Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper; lightly spray paper with Mazola pan spray. Chop 2 candy bards into small pieces and store in refrigerator for later use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Scrape down bowl and beat in eggs one at a time, until well combined. Add pudding mix, baking powder and 4 eggs; beat well until smooth. Fold in chilled candy pieces. Evenly divide batter between 2 pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. Cake will puff up during baking and then deflate when removed from the oven. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cheesecake from pans and place on a cookie sheet or individual plates. Wrap cheesecake with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 3 9-inch round cake pans with Mazola pan spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chocolate cake mix, sour cream, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Divide cake evenly into the prepared pans. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pans on cooling rack 10-15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- To assemble, place 1 cake layer on serving plate or cake stand. Spread 1/4 cup caramel topping over top of cake layer. Place 1 frozen cheesecake layer on top of cake layer; top with 1/4 cup of caramel topping. Repeat with remaining layers, finally top with remaining cake layer.
- In a small mixing bowl add instant pudding mix, milk and heavy cream. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Top cake and sides with frosting. Top with additional candy pieces, if desired.